About the 1800RESPECT Service Directory
The 1800RESPECT Service Directory is a free national online database of services that provides information, advice, counselling, support, advocacy, and crisis response to those who are experiencing or supporting someone who is experiencing domestic, family and or sexual violence (DFSV).
The Service Directory includes DFSV specialist services, crisis helplines, housing, legal, health and financial services.
It is designed for use by people impacted by violence and abuse, their support networks, and frontline workers.
The Service Directory is updated regularly and can be searched by keyword, location, and types of services.
If you are having trouble finding an appropriate service, please call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or via web chat to discuss your needs with one of our qualified counsellors. If you are having difficulty using the Service Directory, please submit an enquiry via the Contact Us page.
The accuracy of the listings contained in the Service Directory is namely the responsibility of the third-party services. If you see an error in the information, please contact the organisation so they can update their details.
To be included on the 1800RESPECT Service Directory, organisations are assessed against a set of eligibility criteria including but not limited to:
- The organisation provides a service that supports domestic, family and sexual violence (DFSV) and is able to receive confidential referrals from 1800RESPECT
- The organisation has capacity to accept referrals from 1800RESPECT
- The organisation has demonstrated commitment to support the inclusion of diverse communities and populations including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQIA+, culturally and linguistically diverse / multicultural and people living with disability. For example, staff have undergone specific training, or the organisation has staff with specialist expertise
- Organisations specifically providing legal advice or legal representation are registered in their relevant state or territory
- Housing organisations are either directly government funded or a reputable community housing provider
Submitting an application to be included on the 1800RESPECT Service Directory
If you are wanting to add your service to the 1800RESPECT Service Directory, please email 1800RESPECTServiceDirectory@health.telstra.com
- Name of organisation
- Website URL
- Contact person name, phone number and email
Once you have sent the email, you will be sent a webform to complete and be assessed for eligibility. You will then be contacted. If eligible we will then discuss how your services will be listed and published within the 1800RESPECT Service Directory. Data will include fields such as service user type, referral pathways, age range, location/ service catchment areas, opening hours etc.
Getting in touch about the Service Directory
Please email 1800RESPECTServiceDirectory@health.telstra.com
- Have general enquiries or feedback regarding the 1800RESPECT Service Directory,
- Have a service listing that requires updating, or
- Need to get in touch about referrals to your organisation from the 1800RESPECT Service.