1800RESPECT counsellors are not available by email or via this contact form.
1800RESPECT counsellors can only be contacted through telephone, online chat or SMS. Call 1800 737 732, chat online via our website or text 0458 737 732.
Please note: Emails are not monitored by counsellors, and we do not provide a counselling service through email, or face-to-face consultations.
We will not respond to emails that contain abusive language.
Call 000 if you are in danger now.
1800RESPECT can only be accessed within Australia. Our telephone, web chat and text services do not work outside these boundaries. If you are an Australian citizen living overseas and experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence, please contact a local sexual assault helpline or domestic violence service in the country you are currently in.
Emails that include abusive language will not be responded to.
You can contact 1800RESPECT in many ways.
Please use the following links if you want to:
- Submit a complaint, compliment or general feedback
- Submit a request for information about your interaction with 1800RESPECT
- Submit a general or media enquiry.
We collect your email address via the above forms in order to communicate with you. Your email address will not be used for marketing purposes.
You can find out more about the security of your personal information in our Privacy Statement.
Other requests and information
You can find information on this page about the following:
- Training provided to organisations by DV-alert
- Students requesting information
- Job opportunities, volunteering and student placements
- The 1800RESPECT Service Directory
- Donations (1800RESPECT does not accept donations of any kind)
- Promotional materials (order merchandise for free via our online store)
- Subscribe to the quarterly 1800RESPECT eNewsletter, Workers and Professionals Connect.
Visit the frequently asked questions page for more information about the 1800RESPECT service.
Students requesting information
We are not able to help students with requests for information to assist with their studies.
Students can find information on our website about:
For statistical information on domestic, family or sexual violence in Australia, visit:
- Australian Bureau of Statistics
- Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Australian Institute of Criminology
- Australian National Research Organisation for Women's Safety
Job opportunities, volunteering and student placement
- Job opportunities: If you are a qualified counsellor and want to work with 1800RESPECT, please visit this website.
- Volunteering: 1800RESPECT does not have a volunteer program. You can check our Service Directory to find organisations in your area that may need volunteers.
- Student placement: 1800RESPECT does not have a student placement program.
For more information, see our Careers and Volunteering page.
The 1800RESPECT Service Directory is a free national online database of services. These services offer information, advice, counselling, support, advocacy, and crisis response for people experiencing or supporting someone who is experiencing domestic, family and sexual violence.
To apply or update your organisation’s information on the 1800RESPECT Service Directory, please visit About the 1800RESPECT Service Directory.
While we appreciate generous offers, 1800RESPECT does not accept donations of any kind.
Please get in touch with charities or organisations that may accept donations.
Promotional materials such as pens and stickers can be ordered here.
- All resources and delivery charges are free
- There is a limit on items
- Contact us at 1800RESPECTenquiries@health.telstra.com with details of your event if you wish to make a larger order, however, we are not able to make guarantees on bulk orders
- Some items may be out of stock, but you are welcome to check back later.
For more information visit Promoting 1800RESPECT.
Subscribe to our newsletter
If you would like to receive the 1800RESPECT Workers and Professionals Connect newsletter, please visit our Subscribe page.
The quarterly newsletter provides the latest updates from 1800RESPECT, sector news, key dates, conferences and other resources.