Children and young people
- If you, a child or another person is in immediate danger call 000 now
- Being a witness to violence is distressing for children and young people, whether or not the violence is directed at them
- There are practical things you can do to support a child or young person who is exposed to violence and abuse
- Providing a positive adult-child relationship and having age-appropriate open conversations can help recovery.
- If you or someone you know has experienced violence and abuse, you can call 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732, chat online via our website or text 0458 737 732.