- Telstra Health delivers 1800RESPECT working with other specialist organisations
- Our partners provide specialist counselling services for the 1800RESPECT national service
- Read more about our partners, and please visit their websites.
Since 2003, DVConnect has been providing specialist support, safety planning, and referral pathways across Queensland, enabling individuals and families to live free from domestic, family and sexual violence.
From their national role as a 1800RESPECT provider, to local work providing education, advocacy and support in Queensland, DVConnect’s people listen and act as agents of empowerment and change, 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
In addition to 1800RESPECT Specialist Counselling, DVConnect operate:
- The 24/7 Womensline state-wide (QLD) helpline offering crisis support, safety planning and referral options for women and children impacted by domestic and family violence.
- The Mensline for specialist support for men who are impacted by violence as well as for men who use domestic and family violence in their relationships.
- The state-wide Sexual Assault Helpline for anyone in Queensland who has been impacted by sexual violence (childhood, historic, acute).
Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre
Marninwarntikura Women's Resource Centre (MWRC) is an Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation that was established as a support for women, children, and families living in the Fitzroy Valley Region of the Kimberley, WA. All work undertaken and programs or services provided by Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre is based around breaking the cycle of intergenerational and childhood trauma, creating opportunities for all in society to have a good life well lived.
Services provided through Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre include:
- Early Childhood Learning and Child and Parents Connection programs
- Community-led research and support services for young people
- Awareness raising and education for families on neurodiversity, including Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
- Legal and therapeutic support for people impacted by domestic, family, and sexual violence
- A Women’s Shelter Crisis accommodation
- Art Studio and Social Enterprise ventures.
- Marninwarntikura Women’s Resource Centre provide activities, mentoring, support, access to culturally sensitive and responsive services, and advocacy for Aboriginal families in the Fitzroy Valley, and are now extending this support through the provision of specialist counselling under 1800RESPECT.
54 Reasons (part of the Save the Children Australia Group)
54 reasons is Australia’s leading child rights organisation. Proudly part of Save the Children globally and offering services in every state and territory, it exists to ensure all children’s rights are met so they can thrive – in all their diversity, creativity and curiosity. It advocates with and provide direct support to children and their caregivers, so that they experience and enjoy safety, learning, belonging and agency.