Social Media Community Guidelines
- We want to create a safe and respectful environment on our social media channels and when you contact us
- The 1800RESPECT Community Guidelines outline acceptable behaviour in our online communities.
What our social media channels are for
Thanks for participating in our online communities.
Our online communities aim to provide a forum for general discussion on topics related to the services provided by 1800RESPECT. We provide information about the service, what to expect when you contact us, and information related to domestic, family and sexual violence support.
We encourage you to join the discussion, leave comments and links that relate to the topic of the discussion. At all times we welcome your constructive feedback.
1800RESPECT has accounts on the Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube platforms.
Please note that our social media channels are not monitored by counsellors. If you wish to speak to a counsellor, please call 1800 373 732 or via web chat. Learn more about telephone and online counselling.
We review and moderate our online communities between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
Please be aware that third party posts or comments on any of our online communities do not necessarily reflect the opinions of 1800RESPECT.
Like you, we care about digital security. For your protection, please don’t include personal or sensitive information (such as case numbers, birth date, home address, phone number, driver’s licence number or tax file number) in your posts or comments. We will never request your personal information via a public facing online channel.
When and how we moderate our page
Our channels are moderated between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday (not including public holidays) by 1800RESPECT staff. Our channels are not monitored by counsellors. We encourage you to be respectful of our community at all times. We actively moderate our page and will remove any posts or comments that don’t adhere to our Community Guidelines and we reserve the right to block anyone who chooses to break them.
Posts and messages that include abusive language will not be responded to.
The following content will be removed:
- Graphic descriptions of sexual assault, family and domestic violence that may trigger or upset those who are experiencing or have experienced violence and abuse
- Trolling and spamming comments
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual, including 1800RESPECT staff
- Posting off-topic comments
- Posting deliberately misleading comments
- Swearing, defamatory, offensive or abusive language
- Disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off track
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material
- Discussion of illegal activity
- Link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices
- Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor
- Unreasonable or inappropriate disclosure of someone else’s personal information
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
Users who post this content may be banned or blocked from 1800RESPECT social media communities at any time at 1800RESPECT's discretion.
Help us keep our online communities family-friendly and suitable for all audiences. If you think that a post or comment has broken any of our Community Guidelines, please contact us.
Join the conversation
Visit us on our social media channels